A blogger is only as good as his or her last post. This may not be really true, but if you aren’t displaying a list of your best posts, you’re doing yourself a disservice. New visitors have no idea how funny or clever you were last week or last month unless you point it out to them. That’s why so many top bloggers have “Best of” posts to capture a new visitor’s attention.
The Best Foot Forward widget for WordPress takes the pain out of creating these featured post lists by utilizing the WordPress tagging system. You no longer have to create manual lists or create new categories to get your best posts on your front page. With Best Foot Forward, just tag the posts and you’re done. You can use tags such as “featured” or “favorite”, or any other words that you desire. If you want to chain tags, you can do that too.
This BFF makes it easier to put your best foot forward than your real BFF does. It’s just that easy.
For WordPress 2.3+:
Best Foot Forward 1.2
- Download and unzip best-foot-forward.zip to /WordPress/ wp-content/ plugins/
- Activate the widget from your Plugins tab of your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Presentation /Widgets and drag the Better Blogroll widget to your sidebar.
Version 1.2 has four options:
- Title: The title of your list as it will appear on your sidebar.
- Tags: this is where you tell the plugin what to display. You can add a single tag, or list several tags by separating them with commas.
- Number of Posts to Show: This is the maximum number of posts you want the widget to display at one time.
- Sort Order: The sort order of your posts can be set to asceding, descending or random. The sort order is alphabetical by title.
v1.2 (September 30, 2008)
Code changed to prevent plugin from detecting draft revisions, a new feature of WordPress 2.6.2
v1.1 (May 13, 2008)
Minor bug fix and tested to work with WordPress 2.5.1
v1.0 (March 17, 2008)
Initial plugin release.
Feel free to Contact me.