Whether you like Picard or Kirk, whether you think it was all so much better when Han shot first, or whether you’re one of those folks who throwes random e’s and y’s into thyngs, this is a FineTune Friday that was made for you.
If you’re stuck doing grunt work for the evil overlord today, the PSI PHI edition is guaranteed to give enough a charge to your dilithium crystals to create a worm hole to quitting time. Hell, even those of you who say “Star Track” or “What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?” will get some enjoyment out of these lists.
If you’re looking for a little challenge while you listen, can you figure out why would’ve included the following tracks in my playlist? (Answers are at the bottom of this post.)
- “I am the Law” by Anthrax
- “Ch-Check It Out” by The Beastie Boys
- “A New Hope” by Blink 182
- “Funk Funk” by Cameo
- “Spacegrass” by Clutch
- “We Care A Lot” by Faith No More
- “What’s On Your Mind” by Information Society
- “Breakfast Club” by Z-Trip
For the 10th anniversary (or 1010th month) of FineTune Friday, I absorbed all the tracks like the Borg and compiled some stats on where our lists intersect. If any of you are looking for a full track listing sorted by track or album, you you can grab a text file of this month’s full stats here.
Top 101 Artists:
- Weird Al Yankovic
- They Might Be Giants
- The Misfits
- M.C. Hawking
Top 101 Albums:
- The Misfits – Boxset – CD1 by The Misfits
- A Brief History Of Rhyme by M.C. Hawking
- Apollo 18 by They Might Be Giants
- Transformers The Movie by Lion
- Optimus Rhyme by Optimus Rhyme
Top 101 Tracks:
- “Space Cowboy” by Steve Miller Band
- “The Transformers Theme” by Vince DiCola
- “E=Mc Hawking (LP Version)” by M.C. Hawking
- “Theme From Star Trek” by Van McCoy
- “Intergalactic” by The Beastie Boys
FineTune Friday Psi Phi
Other FineTune Friday Participants This Month:
Don’t forget to check out the other FineTune Friday participants who have joined in the fight this month. Some of the picks were so awesome, that it took all the force on Dagobah to keep me from pilfering their playlists. 1000 bars of gold-pressed latinum go to Viv for writing both her playlist title and description in hex. Crap like that just warms my geeky little heart.
- Space Madness by Michelle
- Boldly Go… by Christina
- 4e 65 72 64 63 6f 72 65 by Viv
- Enter the Mothership by Keidra
(If you’re not listed on the roster, let me know, so that I can beam you aboard.)
1. The song is about Judge Dredd. 2. The third word mentioned in the song is “trekkies” and Klingons are mentioned within the first few lines. 3. The song is a love song about Princess Leia. 4. The song starts with a spoof on Star Trek in which Captain Smirk is setting course for planet Funk Funk. 5. How can you not include a song about a pimped out Galaxy 500 that flies through space? 6. Simply because the song mentions Transformers. 7. The song’s initial words are spoken by Bones, and the main hook, “pure energy”, is spoken by Mr. Spock. 8. The song references Transformers, Autobots, The Herculoids, Voltron, The Inhumanoids, and the Thundercats.
How did you do?
Previous FineTune Fridays:
A list of the previous FineTune Fridays can be found on the Dyers.org FineTune Friday Page